The Huntsville/North Alabama Chapter of the Society for Technical Communication is your local network of Technical Communicators providing an extension of the main organization.
Our Chapter can provide many opportunities to local professionals in the field of Technical Communications such as educational workshops, networking opportunities, and more.
About the Society for Technical Communication (STC) – Huntsville/North Alabama (NA) Chapter
The Huntsville/North Alabama Chapter of the Society for Technical Communication (STC) has been a leading professional resource for area technical communicators since 1959. We hold Fall, Winter and Spring meetings to help technical communicators and other professionals network. We hope you can join us!
2020-2021 STC-H/NA Volunteer Officers
We strive to serve the North Alabama technical communication community by providing opportunities for learning, networking, and volunteering. If you have an interest in STC-NA and/or in building your community by volunteering, then please respond to this email. We look forward to hearing from you…
President – Heather McCain
Treasurer/Secretary – Eric Brittingham [New dual role]
Membership Manager – Julie Blair [New chapter role to better serve membership]
Webmaster – Beverly Watson
Student Liaison – Dr. Ryan Weber
STC-NA LinkedIn Page – To join, use these steps.
- Open https://www.linkedin.com/groups/4240474/.
- Click Request to Join.
- The message, Successfully sent the request, is displayed.
- A request will be sent to our LinkedIn administrator, Julie. Don’t worry! You will be approved. 😊 They will contact you when you have been added.
If you would like be affiliated with the Society, please check out the organization website (click link below) to see many other opportunities.
- Digital subscriptions to Intercom, Technical Communication, TechComm Today, and STC’s Notebook blog $75+
- Access to over 140 free, archived seminars $700+
- Member pricing for live Web seminars (per event) $90
- Member pricing for recorded Web seminars (per recording) $40
- Member pricing for STC online courses (per event) $400
- Member pricing on 45-day job postings on the Job Bank (per post) $50
- Free download of STC’s Salary Database $49
- Early registration rates for STC’s annual Summit $275+
TOTAL AVAILABLE SAVINGS: $1,976+
And don’t forget these intangible benefits!
In addition to the above list, STC offers a number of intangible benefits to members.
- STC membership shows your dedication to staying current and professional in a changing field
- Receive full access to the Technical Communication Body of Knowledge, a collection of the best knowledge surrounding technical communication
- Our affinity program provide discounts on products and services such as HP, Lenovo, Hyatt, and more
- Get 14-day advance access to the newest jobs available in the STC Job Bank
The membership value and available savings more than cover the cost of membership!
Now is the time to join or renew your STC membership!